Yuengling® Oktoberfest Turkey
• 1 12-18 lb. Koch's Turkey
• 3 12 oz. Bottles of Yuengling® Oktoberfest
• 2 Carrots
• 1/2 Onion
• 3 Stalks of Celery
• 1 Orange
• 8 Tbsp. Butter
• Sea Salt
• Cracked Pepper
Optional Dry Rub:
• 2 Tbsp. Sage
• 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder or Cloves
• 1 Tbsp. Thyme
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF.
2. Rinse turkey inside and out, and pat dry.
3. Cover turkey with sea salt and cracked pepper.
4. Cut carrots, onion, celery, and orange, and insert into cavity of turkey.
5. Place turkey into roasting pan.
6. Melt 8 tablespoons of butter and mix with 2-12 oz. bottles of Yuengling® Oktoberfest. Pour mixture over turkey. Top with dry rub if desired.
7. Baste every 20 minutes with juices in the roasting pan.
8. When the turkey is about halfway cooked, pour third 12 oz. bottle over turkey and continue basting.
Cooking time is 15 minutes per pound for unstuffed turkey and 20 minutes per pound for stuffed.
Oven Browned Whole Turkey
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF and remove turkey from bag.
2. Fill roasting pan with water below roasting pan rack.
3. Place turkey on rack in roasting pan above water.
4. Heat covered, for approximately 90 minutes.
Uncover, and heat an additional 30 minutes to an internal temperature of 165ºF.
Stuffing Oven Browned Turkey is NOT recommended.
AT KOCH'S TURKEY FARM, WE ALSO RAISE ORGANIC TURKEYS CERTIFIED BY PENNSYLVANIA ORGANIC CERTIFIERS. THESE TURKEYS ARE RAISED BY THE STRICTEST STANDARDS IN THE INDUSTRY AND ARE FED A GMO FREE DIET. WE ARE ALSO PROUD TO ANNOUNCE OUR MOST RECENT MISSION TO PRODUCE AN ALL NATURAL, ANTIBIOTIC-FREE, AND NON-GMO FED TURKEY.